Wednesday, February 1, 2017

♫...The past is dead don't exist anymore The present is passing quicker than before...♫

Here's a quick update for those of you who keep religiously checking in:

I'm fine.
Actually, emotionally, physically, financially, sexually, mentally...I'm fucking fantastic.
I haven't been writing as much here because I am doing so well. I have been spending a lot of time out with my fantastic friends, and making new amazing friends. I've been writing fiction again. I've been making jewelry again. I've completely stopped thinking about anything to do with the problems of the last year and eight months. The lies, the betrayal, the bullshit, that's all behind me. My life has become much too joyous, to fulfilling, too busy to think about anything that wastes my precious time. My future is brighter, and I'm determined to live it and enjoy it while I can.

I'm also too focused on our current political climate to feel like my petty problems are even a blip on the radar of what is important. When civil liberties are being trampled on, people are being treated like their lives do not matter, and our laws are being ignored by the very people put in power to preserve them, a failed relationship that already means less than nothing to me does not even register. When someone shows you that you don't matter to them, don't waste any more energy on them. There are more important things to focus on, and many more people who are more than happy that they now have my attention.

In the future, I will probably be using this space to have my say on social justice, and to test out the reaction to some of the stories I'm writing.
For now, let me say this: Love those who love you just the way you are. Don't sit back and decide that just because something doesn't effect you personally, that it's not your problem. Don't waste your time, your heart, your sanity on someone who treats you like you are less than the magnificent creature you are. Help others. Keep your eyes open, and resist the evil, ignorance, and hate.


 photo tumblr_lz7wglUthJ1qbptza.gif

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...