Friday, November 11, 2016

♫...I hope I live to see the day when your sexually repressed hatred is finally washed away...♫

Me talking frankly and honestly about my sexuality is not an invitation for you to send me a dick pic.
If I want to see your Vienna sausage, I will either ask for it (because, hello, very comfortable with my own sexuality here), or we will have been heavily flirting with lots of adjectives and verbs making it very clear that seeing your love rod in all it's glory is something I would enjoy. Never acceptable to send one unsolicited.

Me talking frankly and honestly about my sexuality is not asking for unwelcome attention. Just because I think that female sexuality is something to be embraced, and that we've been taught to be ashamed of it for too long does not give anyone permission put their hands on me. It does not give anyone permission to talk to me however they want. It does not give anyone permission to demean me. It does not mean that I'm 'asking for it'. I could post a photo of me naked as the day I was born, and I still would not be 'asking for it'. I do not owe you any part of me.

Me talking frankly and honestly about my sexuality does not make me a slut/whore...and if I am either of those things it's none of your goddamn business. Those words are used to make a woman feel bad about enjoying her sexuality. I have no tolerance for people who think they have a right to police/judge someone's sex life. If I decide to go out and fuck every consenting man and woman in the Southeast United States, do you know whose business it is? Not yours.

Me talking frankly and honestly about my sexuality does not mean I want to sleep with you or flirt with you. I don't play hard to get. So, if I'm interested in you, and you've flirted with me...you can bet your sweet ass I'll be all over that like gravy on biscuits in the South. If you've sent me 8 Facebook messages/texts and I haven't responded, or I've responded once and it was short and to the point...not interested. Move along. You're not entitled to my time or attention (just because you want it) either, by the way.

Me talking frankly and honestly about my sexuality is just that. It's me sharing my experience, or trying to work through something. It's so someone else out there can say 'ME TOO', and maybe not feel so alone. It's me refusing to be ashamed of my very real needs and desires. It's me refusing to be meek and submissive (except when I choose to be). It's me enjoying a part of myself that I consider fun and natural. It's me refusing to be silenced.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...