Tuesday, August 2, 2016

♫...everyone who passes says she looks beautiful...♫

   I've mentioned a few times that I currently live with my parents. The reason for this is that I was laid off a while back, and it took me a while to find a new job. Due to that and a crippling amount of student loan debt, I have been unable to support myself financially. My parents have been kind enough to let me live with them while getting back on my feet. Now that I've accomplished the grand, seemingly impossible feats of rebuilding my credit, paying off a few things, and finding a good job, I'm ready to flee the nest for good. I've been trying desperately to put money back every month in an attempt to save a certain amount for a down payment on a house. Well, yesterday I received every single cent I was trying to save. It was completely out of the blue...and not a handout. It was money that I had earned, I just expected it to be a much smaller amount. I was so overwhelmed, and told my brother to bring me a blanket because I was in shock.

  Good things are happening. I'm not used to good things happening...but I am so grateful. I had made my great declaration of 'seeing the light at the end of the tunnel' in yesterday's 2nd post before I received my check. That happy moment just drove home the need and desire to put this entire last year completely behind me. I've got too much to look forward to to be unhappy about it anymore. I am going to focus on all the good things that are happening, and look forward to the great things to come.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...