Thursday, August 11, 2016

♫...Because I want what I want And I want it now...♫

  I'm in a funk today. My hen is doing a little better, and I'm grateful beyond words for that...but she's nowhere near 'recovered'. She may not get beyond what is wrong with her. That coupled with the fact that what I want to happen in other parts of my life hasn't happened is sending me to Grumpyville. So, in an effort to not be a complete downer, I'm bringing back...


...wait, it IS Thursday, right? I'm not sure at this point...


Wonderful and Strange: My absolute favorite place to visit in Birmingham is having a Twin Peaks Extravaganza tomorrow night. Free Cherry Pie and coffee, trivia, a doughnut eating contest, a costume contest, prom style photos, music, and more. After I put Gracie to bed, I may show up as Audrey Horne...if I can find my wig. It promises to be a damn fine evening.

Where'd All My Money Go?:...answer: I spent it at The Fresh Market. Since changing jobs 2 months ago, I've been going to this place on an almost daily basis. I like the Antipasto bar, and their impossible to walk away from selection of candy. Most days, I leave with a fuckton of stuffed olive leaves, and white chocolate covered cashew and caramel clusters. They have some amazing options in their prepared foods that satisfy my vegetarian needs too. I really can't afford this...but fuck me that candy display beckons me daily.

Sniff Me: I've been wearing my new 'signature scent' for a little while now, and I absolutely freakin' love the hell out of it. Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab is amazing, and if you haven't explored all they have to offer, I highly recommend that you do so immediately. I chose a perfume oil blend named New Orleans. It was described as 'Reminiscent of hothouse blooms on a humid night, ripe, but touched with decay. Sweet honeysuckle and jasmine with a hint of lemon and spice'. For YEARS, I've been searching for a perfume that smelled like the wild jasmine and honeysuckle that bloomed in my parents backyard. More often than not, the honeysuckle smelled fake, or the jasmine would fade too quickly. This perfume blend is absolute perfection, and lasts for a good long while. No matter what your scent preferences are, I can almost guarantee you'll find something from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab that delights you (Guys, Mad Sweeney = Barrel-aged whiskey and oak). I might try Bilquis from the Neil Gaiman collection next!

Be Still My Geeky Heart: NEW ROGUE ONE TRAILER TONIGHT! NEW ROGUE ONE TRAILER TONIGHT! NEW ROGUE ONE TRAILER TONIGHT! NEW ROGUE ONE TRAILER TONIGHT! I'm a wee bit excited to see more footage.

It's My Guilty Pleasure: Hi, my name is Whiskey and I like to read trashy romance novels. Now, I love to read...mainly Science Fiction and Fantasy, but also nonfiction, biographies, graphic novels, it goes on and on...as I am a veracious reader, and always have been. My favorite books are American Gods by Neil Gaiman, The Handmaids Tale by Margaret Atwood, anything and everything by J.R.R. Tolkien, okay there are really too many...but I do love a good romance novel when I'm feeling down and dejected. Recently I stumbled across a free book on Amazon Kindle, and it was a really fun read. It was book 1 of the Hot Damned series by Robyn Peterman. I devoured it in a day, and purchased the second book in the series immediately afterwards. I'm not going to go into the plot or anything, you can follow the link and read the blurb on Goodreads for that. I will tell you that the sex is steamy, the characters are fun, and the laughs were continuous. It was good fun...and made me forget that I'm not getting instant gratification for the things I WANT RIGHT GODDAMN NOW.




0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...