Thursday, July 28, 2016

♫...Just leave your opinions at the door...♫



   You know what I've noticed in the last few months? Everyone and their 3rd cousin's roommate's BFF have an opinion on what I should and should not do. That's spiffy and all...but I'm the one who has to live with my choices...and I'm going to do whatever the hell I damn well please...popular choice or not.

  I have a whole lot of love for my friends and family, but that doesn't mean I'm going to make my decisions based on their opinions. Yes, I listen to what they have to say, and I take most of it into consideration, but I'm the one who has to live my life. If I want something bad enough, or if I really don't want to do something they think I should, I will goddamn well do whatever the hell I want. Even if every single person I know calls me the world's biggest idiot behind my back/to my face.

  This is my life. That means I have to make my own choices, and, yes, live with any consequences. You know what though? That's okay. I can live with the consequences of my decisions. Yes, they may come back and bite me in the butt with a massive amount of pain and regret...but then again they might not. Maybe I decide to do something that is unpopular with a lot of people in my life, and it turns out amazing. Maybe it's the best decision ever. You never know. Everyone has an opinion, and it doesn't mean their opinion is the right one for me.

  My point is, you can't live your life by other people's opinions. Yes, you can take their well meaning advice into consideration, but it's still your decision to make. If you want something bad enough, do it. If something doesn't feel right for you, don't do it. Some people will talk no matter what you do, and the people who really care about you will still be around even if you don't do what they think you should.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...