Wednesday, December 25, 2013

"...I can’t be the girl who teaches you how to open your heart and embrace life and all that bullshit..."

"Too many guys think I'm a concept, or I complete them, or I'm gonna make them alive. But I'm just a fucked-up girl who's lookin' for my own peace of mind; don't assign me yours." ~ Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

That quote right there is why I identify with Clementine so much. Not the hair. THAT.

Too often, the guys that pursue me think that there is something 'special' about me. That somehow I'm going to inject some kind of magic into their lives that gives them some sense of meaning, or turns their life into something less monotonous.  I try to avoid these types of guys, and not encourage them...

I am not your goddamn Manic Pixie Dream Girl.

There is nothing special about me. Nothing at all.
I am fractured. I am damaged. I have baggage.
Just like everyone else.

The ONLY thing that I have to offer is a great big, bruised, and broken heart that somehow still has the ability to love fiercely and loyally.
That's it.
The crazy hair. The Twitter alter ego. The bizzaro stuff that I enjoy. None of that makes me a special snowflake with the ability to turn your life into a Hollywood worthy modern fairytale.

What I can do is give you an insane amount of love, loyalty and support....but that's not what most guys currently harassing me are looking for.


 photo 358-7.gif

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...