Sunday, October 21, 2012

♫...It’s My Birthday & I’m gon’ do whatever I want to...♫

:

Tomorrow is my birthday...and this blog's birthday as well. 
The blog is 3.
I'm 33.
I was born on a Monday, my birthday is on a Monday this year. 
Things like that amuse me.
...probably because I'm too sober, and my brain is turning into Jello. 

There was a time when I thought that I had to have everything in life figured out, and accomplished before I hit 30. At 33, I haven't accomplished much of what I set out to do...yet. I still have plenty of time, and honestly, I think I will enjoy and appreciate accomplishing my dreams now, in my 30's, than I would have in my 20's. 

I think I know myself a bit better at this point in my life. I know what I like, what I want, and what I'm willing to 'settle' for (hint: I don't 'settle'). I don't feel the need to conform to what society thinks I should do. I can decide to not have kids, to not get married, and be the old woman at the end of the street with 2 chihuahuas, and a dozen young boyfriends. I can stay single, and have a kid. I can get married and have kids, and have a relationship with my husband our way...and raise our kids our way...not how we're 'supposed to'. In other words, I can libr life on my own terms, and give a middle finger and a great big fuck you to those who criticize it for not being 'normal'.  

  My life may be less than ideal at the moment...and goodness knows I have more than my fair share of people who like to criticize and make fun of me for it...but I'm doing what I have to do right now so that I can get by, and make my way towards a better place.

::via Texts From the TARDIS ::

     I like what I like, I am who I am, and I don't feel like I have to explain myself to anyone. I'm weird, moderately kinky, occasionally I'm downright hilarious, and I'm a little bit crazy. Here's what I've learned so far though:
Life is too short to fake orgasms, or put up with people who want to dull your shine. Surround yourself with people that want you to burn like an inferno, and who appreciate your own unique brand of weirdness. Fuck the haters. They hate themselves more than they hate you. Enjoy yourself on your own terms...as long as it doesn't harm other living soul, and it's consensual, and everyone is legal...screw what anyone else thinks. Slut-shaming is done by puritanical idiots with unfulfilled sex lives. Why else would they be so obsessed with yours? Your relationship does not have to be like everyone else's. You are an adult, and  you and your partner get to define your relationship...no one else. Have children...but have them/adopt them because you want them...not because it's what you're 'supposed' to do. Make time to have fun.

That's what little advice I can give from the ripe old age of 33. I look forward to growing older, and the adventures yet to come...there is always magic in life if you never stop looking for it.

::via Texts from the Whedonverse:

2 comments:

Scooter said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this post!!! It's all Ruby, all the time. :)

I'm glad you never settle. That's an amazing quality.

I hope you had an AMAZING birthday!!!

Whiskey Sour said...

Thank you, hunny bunny!!
It took me 33 years to get here!
Had to learn things the hard way.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...