Thursday, February 9, 2012

♫...she's a very cunning linguist...♫

I just got in 'trouble', y'all.
I'm 32 years old and I just got chastised by my mother for something I repinned on Pintrest.
I couldn't find the photo in question anywhere on my boards...so I have no idea where or when she saw it. She amended her lecture with 'It didn't bother me, but some of the other people who follow you...". Some of the people she works with follow me (because my boards rock)...and obviously they can't handle my undiluted awesomness. My response was that I don't use Pintrest for other people, I use it for me, and if they don't like it they can unfollow me. The thing is, she works at an early learning center that is located and manged by a huge Southern Baptist Church...and we all know how they feel about female sexuality, right?
I'm not bothered...don't get me wrong...I think it's HI-larious.
Here's the article in question


Obviously she doesn't read my blog....at least, I've asked her not to.

What about this is offensive? Are people offended by female sexuality? By the idea that a woman may find pleasure from her body...by herself or with another person? Is it the guilt and shame that some people aquire from their churches that cause them to be afraid and offended by female sexuality? Pre-Christian religions didn't mire sex down in guilt, sin, and shame. Instead they regarded it as a form of worship and celebration. I certainly don't see these same people being offended when something is blatantly advertising to male sexuality.  In fact, they are more apt to giggle and blush at that. It's okay to sexualize women (even at a very young age, Re: Toddlers and Tiaras), but not okay to even hint at the fact that women can enjoy their own sexuality? It's okay to shame and mock women who do enjoy their sexuality as 'whores' and 'sluts', but not admire them for being in touch with their own wants and needs?
FUCK THAT!

My prescription: Quit being so damn uptight. 

Photobucket

6 comments:

Iconic Marquee said...

Don't you hate it when you really want to comment but you just can't think of anything witty to say?

I felt too guilty to just giggle and not post a comment, so here's your comment.

You have your pound of flesh now. :P

Whiskey Sour said...

YES! SCORE!

Scooter said...

I don't think it could have been put any better than that! And I agree 100%. Just because I know what I want and what gives me pleasure doesn't make me a whore or a slut. It just means that I'm in touch with my body and my own sexuality.

Woot for female sexuality!

And for your pound of flesh. ;P

Amanda said...

I don't have anything to add. You already know I agree. Isn't the South grand? :)

Whiskey Sour said...

We should rule the world...seriously...The 4 of us...we would improve it.

Espatier the space marine said...

I enjoy reading a "fellow" zombie lover blog so I hope that you don't change your style.

I understand about your mother's concerns but this is your blog and not your mothers.

My past experiences in dealing with "those" type of people (secretly)
yearn to be a REAL woman just like you young lady.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...