Monday, February 6, 2012

♫...I could write the best book on underage tragedy...♫


  'ello, Lads and Lassies, it's that time of the week again...the time when I beat you over the head with either the new music I'm exploring, or my old, tried and true, favorites. It's currently 2:37pm on a slightly cool Alabama Monday...and I just crawled out of bed half an hour ago. My head is pounding and every single little noise that the plebeians who live with me make seems to be amplified times a million. I'm clutching my coffee like it's the only thing keeping me alive, and, well, it probably is. The reason I'm just slithering out of my warm bed is a three part tale: 1. I've been playing a LOT of Fable III and I didn't go to bed until 4am this morning. It's not like I did it on purpose! The damn game just sucked me in and I didn't realize it! 2. I have a wee bit of a cold developing...and 3. I'm meeting with my old temp agency tomorrow, and I'm trying to enjoy every last bit of not having to get up at the ass crack of dawn moments I have left.

So...In honor of all of that, I've decided take a break from the music challenge this week, and gift you with a playlist of the songs I want to hear right now....some of my old favorites.

I'm going to put them behind a cut...because I don't want a post a mile long...so CLICK ON THE DAMN CUT!


 For some reason, this was the first song that popped into my head this morning/afternoon....it does, however, annoy me that this video lists them as THE Alkaline Trio...*shakes head* I discovered these guys back in the angst ridden days after I graduated high school (1998...yes, I'm fucking old...but I look really young...it screws with people's heads)...so I'm surprised my psyche didn't automatically jump to a song from their earlier discography...but, hey, who am I to argue with my psyche?


...and then that song made me think of this song...which really does a great job of illistrating my inner dialoge 99.9% of the time...what does that say about me? I have no idea, I only minored in Psychology...and I mainly focused on the neuropsychology part of it all...just shut up and listen to the damn song...


...this song made me start thinking of the first time I really listened to Alkaline Trio, which in turn, made me think of that horrible time after my first love broke my heart into a million pieces and I lost 40 lbs in a month (best diet EVER) because I was so upset and angst, angst, angst. Around that time I started hanging out with one of my best guy friend's ex, who he had just broke things off with for the final time (he was away at school and didn't care), and she introduced me to a lot of new music...including the fabulousness that is Tori Amos...there was one particular song of hers that summed up my heartbreak, and I still have a very hard time listening to it...so here it is...revel in the fact that I'm somewhere trying not to heave my guts up over all the angst invading my body as I listen to this...


....still following my train of thought...which is a dark, twisted path of pain and degradation...this song automatically made me sad...and then I remembered another song from that time...one that made me feel a little better when I sang it...I cannot emphasize enough that this was my first love, guys...and I felt like someone was ripping my heart out daily for months...piled upon the fact that I was ostracized from all of the people that I normally associated with due to the events of our breakup...and the fact that I had just graduated...I made a lot of bad decisions then (didn't start college right after high school, got my first credit card)...which actually turned out not to be that bad...but I digress...


Then, suddenly, I was like, "FUCK! RUBY! Why the HELL are you even thinking about this? You haven't let yourself think about this is YEARS! FUCK THIS! Think about something else"...but my brain was all, "Fuck, n'aw, dude. You need your really angry song from that time"...and I was all, "Brain...you're an asshole...and this is why I kill you with booze."


...once the whiskey permeated my brain I was able to lock those memories back up, and throw them into the dark, cavernous void of my damaged mind...I then decided that it it was time for my favorites...Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly...and since I always beat you over the head with Flogging Molly...I'm going to go with Dropkick Murphys this time...


Then my mind went blank for a solid 20 or so minutes while I stared into Benedict Cumberbatch's eyes...via this amazing picture I found on Tumblr. As soon as I shook myself back into reality the first song that I came up with was this one...


   When I resurfaced from my lust filled haze, I realized how long this post was and wavered between, 'Fuck it! I do what I want!' and 'I should probably stop now'....So, because I don't want this post to be too awfully long and bore you all to tears (but mostly because I want to get back to Fable III...and maybe exercise)...I'm going to end with this...quite possibly the anthem of my life...



3 comments:

Iconic Marquee said...

I never did pick up Fable III. I came super close during the Steam Sales, but I never did get it in the end.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not now. :P

Ruby 'VooDoo' LeBeau said...

I'm not going to say I live it more than WoW...but it's a close second...followed by Left 4 Dead 2...

Amanda said...

oh, Ani. How I love thee.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...