Saturday, January 7, 2012

♫...Tattooed lady, needle blues...♫



"If somebody likes me, I want them to like the real me, not what they think I am." ~ Stephen Chbosky The Perks of Being a Wallflower
   Everyone's definition of 'sexy' differs. What I find sexy may not be what others find sexy. That doesn't mean that it's wrong. It just means that I have a different opinion. Which is allowed. Take tattoos for instance. I find them extremely sexy, but I've had people tell me how trashy I look because I have them. While they too are entitled to their opinion, I find the word 'trashy' a bit overly harsh.  It's 2012 people, tattoos are not uncommon, I know little gray haired grannies with them for goodness sake! 

   When I got my first tattoo, I remember one of my parents asking me, 'What if the person you want to marry doesn't like tattoos?". My reply was something along the lines of me never marrying anyone that dull. Why would I want to be with someone who doesn't accept me the way that I am? Why would I want to alter my personality/change who I am on the off chance that someone might find me more attractive if I did? Why would I want to take what makes me 'me' and stuff it in a little box and hide it from the world? I've tried to be one of those girls with the perfect hair and perfect clothes, who never spills anything on herself, but that's not me. I wasn't made to be a soccer mom, or a high society trophy wife, or the president of the PTA, or anything of the like. I was made for leather pants, tattoos, wild red hair, and a loud laugh. I will spill things on myself, I will trip across a flat surface while perfectly sober, I will snort when I laugh, I will get naughty when I want to, I will live my life on my own terms. At 32, I've accepted the fact that I will never be one of those 'perfect' looking girls. What I AM, however, is perfectly fucking BADASS...and that is sexy.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...