Tuesday, January 3, 2012

♫...She's got a bottle of tequila, a bottle of gin...♫


Day 3: Do you ever wish you were someone else?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Photobucket

   Okay, seriously there was a time when I did wish that I was someone else. I'm about to bring the groove of this blog way down low, so prepare yourself.

   I was once in a relationship that was horrifyingly bad. I'm not going to get into the details, as it's deeply personal and depressing. The point is, that when it was finally over I found that I was not the same person I had been prior to the relationship. My entire personality had changed. I went from being a vivacious, outgoing, wannabe actress to a withdrawn, constantly scared, shell of myself. I wanted to be someone else then. I wanted to be anyone else. So I set out to achieve that. I started college finally, but found that I could no longer be on stage in the state I was in, so I changed my major to one that I thought I could use to help others. I worked full-time and whet to school part-time, when I could. It took me a very long time to finish because of that...but during that time I slowly began to regain bits and pieces of myself a little at a time. I didn't get all of the pieces of my former self back, but I like to think that I got better pieces, stronger pieces. Now I feel as if I'm getting pretty damn near to the person I used to wish I was. All I have left to do is find a good job so that I can get back on my feet financially and move somewhere new...and it's only a matter of time until that happens.

Amendment: Admittedly, I do still have issues with 'relationships'.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

"I slowly began to regain bits and pieces of myself a little at a time. I didn't get all of the pieces of my former self back, but I like to think that I got better pieces, stronger pieces."

heart it! Bitch, you are fabulous! I love you!

Ruby LeBeau said...

I LOVE YOU!! =D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...