Adult Content Notice: The links provided in the post are meant for those readers 18 and older.
Recently, while perusing Tumblr (aka: spending endless hours scrolling through my dashboard), I ran across a post that made my brain grind to a halt and sputter ‘What?” in a fashion that evoked images of the 10th Doctor…which made me all tingly…which went against everything this post was trying to convey…which made the whole cycle start all over again. I may have blacked out for a few moments as well.
The post in question was a quote from a 25 year old female who claims that masturbation is degrading to your body, and that you should take up knitting instead. I'm paraphrasing, of course, but not much. Go ahead and read the entire quote if you want your head to explode:
“I’m 25, have a great sex life, and in the 11%. Never touched myself, never even thought about doing it. I always thought if I want to get aroused that’s what a man’s for. I mean, 89% of women must not get great/fullfilling sex. What a shame. I would never degrade myself nor my body in such a way. If sex rules your life, you have a problem and addiction. I spent almost 3 years away from my fiance and I never once touched myself. I have great confidence and self-esteem. I’m not a prude, but this crosses the line. If you we were supposed to masterbate we wouldn’t need a life partner. Take up knitting.” ((via))
Now, her little speech would be fine and dandy if she were applying this view to her own life, and not trying to shame the world at large. She, like everyone else, is entitled to do as she pleases with her own body. However, she is, of course, completely wrong. There is absolutely nothing wrong, degrading, or shameful about masturbation. I know, no one wants to talk about it or admit to it, but more people do it than don't...and why shouldn't they? Not only is it fun, but it promotes a multitude of happy, documented, health benefits:
- Hello, no STDs/STIs or pregnancy.
- It relieves stress and boosts your mood by releasing those awesome feel good endorphins..so it's an all natural 'pick me up'.
- When you can't sleep...it's a natural sedative.
- It helps to keep your blood pressure, reproductive system, and brain chemistry in good shape.
- It helps build stronger pelvic floor muscles...which can lead to better sex with a partner.
- For men it can lead to a healthier prostate and improve how your immune system functions.
- For women it can help resist yeast infections and relieve menstrual cycle symptoms such as cramps, backaches, and headaches
- You will develop more sexual awareness (discover what turns you on) and what works best for you...which can lead to greater sexual confidence.
- With greater sexual awareness and confidence you are more likely to have an orgasm during intercourse or oral sex.
- It feels really freakin' good.
So you can see, whether you're into manual or automatic (aka, the wonderful world of adult toys), masturbation has a lot of positives in it's favor. Be proud of the fact that you are in touch with your sexual side
For my female readers, if you're timid, or unsure of what to do or where to start, you can learn by reading online, reading books, or watching videos such as The Art of Female Self Pleasuring. I also highly recommend purchasing a toy that appeals to you from EdenFantasys...that goes for all of my readers, regardless of what your gender identity is.
This Post Is Sponsored by EdenFantasys.com