Friday, December 30, 2011

♫...You want a revelation Some kind of resolution...♫

   As I stated last year, with my own distinct brand of surly, I don't 'do' New Year's Resolutions. I think they are utter bullshit. To me, the concept of New Year's Resolutions seems hinged on two thought processes:

  1. Thought 1: That the beginning of a new year suddenly signifies a fresh start, a time when you can easily put off the past and begin anew. Cold Hard Facts: Bullshit. All it signifies is the start of a new calendar year. In order to make significant changes in your life, you have to be ready, you have to be willing, and you have to work for it. It's not easy. You can't half-ass it, and you can't expect that a change in the date is suddenly going to make it easier if you're not fully committed to it. I know people who say EVERY January, "I start my new diet January 1st! This is the year I'm going to lose it all."...and you know what? They never do. They could have, but they didn't because they were not willing/ready to make the necessary changes. I have a quote somewhere that basically says that a person does not change until they are ready and willing to do what it takes to do so.
  2. Thought 2: I need to change myself because I'm not good enough! Cold Hard Facts: Unless you are just a godawful monster who abuses people/animals and wants to destroy freedom and liberty, you are good enough. I can understand being unhealthy and needing to make a change in your life for the better, that's an entirely different matter. 
   In 2012, I'm going to continue to be a foul-mouthed heathen who abuses her liver and would rather have a weekend of naked playtime with Norman Reedus and Sean Patrick Flanery than have kids and a husband. I will continue to be surly, snarky and overtly sexual on the Internet. I will continue to spend way too much time on Tumblr and Twitter, and I will not regret a second of it. I will continue to prepare for the inevitable Zombie Apocalypse (my brothers are currently OUT of my survival plan). I will bitch-slap (verbally or literally) anyone who suggests that I should change...and the next person who throws holy water on me is going to get punched in the mouth....


3 comments:

Amanda said...

It's like we're mind twins. Only, I am so sick of hearing myself whine and bitch and moan about my current situation. So, as I have written loads of times: this is my year to get the fuck up and do something about it. I may have to change my original plans a bit. And being the person I am, learning to let go of some things is hard. But I'm willing to do what I have to do. even if it's compromise here or there. But I'm gonna be happy, goddammit. I'm a foulmouthed, overtly sexual, dirty minded and snarky mama. I'm not changing myself. I'm getting what I want.

(sorry to rant in your comments!) HAPPY MOTHER FUCKING NEW YEAR!

Ruby LeBeau said...

I mother flippin' love you. Like a lot. You are one of the most awesome people I know, and I know that whatever you do you will do it with such a brilliant flair that is all your own and things will have no choice but to bow down to your awesomeness and quiver before you in submission!

Amanda said...

Damn skippy! and aaawwwww I mother flippin' love you too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...