Friday, December 2, 2011

♫...We come from the land of the ice and snow...♫




Let's talk about The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo for a moment, shall we?

Yes, I am one of those people.  I have seen the entire original trilogy and love Noomi Rapace and Michael Nyqvist's potrayal of Lisbeth and Mikael so much that my head nearly exploded from the primal 'WHY???' that I screamed when I learned that they were 'Americanizing' these films.

Then I had to remind myself, 'Self, David Fincher directed Fight Club. You love Fight Club'. At first, I responded with , "Grrr, shutthefuckuptheydontneedtoremakethesemoviestheyarealreadyawesome!!!!!"

What began to finally thaw out my icy reaction was that I do love David Fincher and I do know that he is capable of giving this movie the grit and gruesomeness that is crucial to doing this movie, and the amazing character of Lisbeth, justice. I was still concerned as to IF he would, given the MPAA's constant bullshit.

Then there's the cast. I love Daniel Craig. I'm talking about LOVE here...I love him so much that I would do things I wouldn't normally do. You know, like cook or iron or clean house. I'm also a huge fan of Stellan Skarsgård (and his gorgeous offspring, known here as Eric Northman Sexy Vampire God of my dreams). The casting for Lisbeth, however, I was extremely skeptical about. For years, I was a tattooed, pierced badass, but nowhere near as amazingly awesome as Lisbeth Salander, and I was afraid they were going to cast some sexy, cream cheese perfect Hollywood actress as Lisbeth. My fears were warranted as Scarlett Johansson was being considered for the role. Luckily, Fincher agreed with me there. The only time I had ever seen Rooney Mara was in A Nightmare on Elm Street, so I was very 'Eh' about the casting...at first. Her transformation was nothing short of AMAZING, and I was super impressed with the fact that she opted to actually get pierced (instead of faking it). So, all of her piercings are actually real in this role (I'd like to note that Noomi Rapace's were as well. In fact, Noomi's piercings were there long before she took the role). While I don't think anyone will be able to make me love Lisbeth as much as Noomi did, I am finally ready to give Rooney Mara a huge, willing chance. She has won me over in a way I didn't think was possible.

I still had doubts....but then I watched the new 8 minute trailer...and I'm pretty much convinced that (even if it's not as good as the original) it will be one hell of a movie....also, below the trailer is Trent Reznor and Karen O covering Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song and you MUST LISTEN!

 

 

 

 

 



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...