Thursday, December 8, 2011

♫...I'm a broken heart...♫



   I don't love anything today. I probably won't love anything tomorrow either. Today and tomorrow all I will feel is sadness and hopefully the beginnings of numbness. Zander has stopped eating and we can't get him to drink either. When he tries to walk he walks hunched up and difficultly because he is in a lot of pain. My family made the decision to take him to the vet in the morning and allow them to put him to sleep.  It's an impossible decision, but one we had to make. 

   I sat down beside in the dining room floor earlier this evening, and as I sat there, petting him as carefully as I could, it hit me for the first time that he won't be here anymore after tomorrow. He and I haven't always gotten along, but he is part of my family and I love him dearly. My heart is breaking and I can't seem to stop crying. 

My blog is meant to be funny, upbeat and silly...so I will probably take a few days off, until I can at least fake being those things again.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...