Saturday, October 1, 2011

♫...What if I wanted to break...♫


Day 1 - Favorite classic horror movie

I think I've mentioned before that I don't watch scary movies often. A lot of that has to do with my brothers. They take sadistic delight in scaring the living hell out of me

That being said...I'm a pretty big fan of Stephen King, I read The Stand (the complete and uncut edition) about 20 times before I hit my teens, and I'm sure I've read Rose Madder almost as many times...after a favorite Sociology professor recommended it. So it's really not that big of a surprise that The Shining is my favorite classic horror movie.

Now, I know some of you are probably asking your screen, "But, Ruby, what about some classic Romero zombie action? You know you're a zombie nut." Maybe...but I like The Shining more. Thankfully, it has made Brother #2's 31 days of horror/Halloween movies list (one movie a day for the month of October), and I think I'll be it watching with him sometime later this month....which, come to think of it, may not be a good idea since the little sadist is hell bent on giving me a heart attack.

It's not just scary-creepy, it's psychologically-creepy...and that will fuck.you.up.

Photobucket

I, myself, am a budding writer...and I can state, without a moment's hesitation, that I would probably accept the job as a caretaker of a secluded, empty , mountain hotel in a heartbeat...the fact that the previous caretaker went insane and killed his family wouldn't even make me bat an eyelash...I'd say, 'Well, I've lived in a haunted house before. I can take it."...and I'd probably be there a day before I started seeing creepy things and hacking my brothers into pieces (probably because they finally scared me so bad that my mind snapped).

All work and no play makes Ruby a dull girl.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...