Saturday, October 22, 2011

♫...I am a fighter and I I ain't gonna stop...♫

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!...and guess where I am?!? I'm in New Orleans.
Yeah, I'm getting sleazy in the Big Easy (or I will be when this actually posts).

I'm not shy about telling people my age. First off, I don't look my age, second off, your age is nothing to be ashamed of. I don't understand women who are ashamed to tell people how old they are. It's a badge of survival, baby. I have survived on this earth for 32 years, and that is nothing to be ashamed of. It is something to celebrate!

More important that my birth, is the fact that this is also my blog's 2nd birthday/anniversary! I started this blog on the day I turned thirty. Of course, back then it had a different name...and I was a completely different person. I like to use my anniversary/birthday as a time of reflection...looking back on the things I wanted to accomplish...and how I've changed.

October 22, 2009 - 30 years old

  1.  I will get healthy. Seriously. No more screwing around. I'm not getting any younger. I've lost 30 lbs since graduation...I love exercising now...and I'm trying to make better food choices.
  2. Take care of my skin. The fact that I don't look my age will count for nothing if I keep treating it like crap. Well, partially true...I baby my face more...I need to do the same to the rest of my skin.
  3. Become a Goddess of Organization. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, yeah right. I did rearrange my room a few weeks ago.
  4. Spend more time with my family and talking/writing my amazing girl friends. I'm spending TOO much time with my family.
  5. Spend more time studing...it will NOT do to flunk out of college my senior year. Graduated May 7, 2011
  6. Save save SAVE money. Broke, broke, broke...unemployed vagrant desperately searching for a job.
  7. As Bridget Jones said: "Resolution number one: Obviously will lose twenty pounds. Number two: Equally important, will find sensible boyfriend to go out with and not continue to form romantic attachments to any of the following: alcoholics, workaholics, commitment phobics, peeping toms, megalomaniacs, emotional fuckwits or perverts." Done and DONE. 
  8. I will start killing Alliance members instead of running away like a scared little girl, or letting them kill me. In fact, I will actively work on my PVP skills. (I'm a total World of Warcraft nerd). I totally rocked some PVP until I ran out of money and had to stop playing.

October 22, 2010 - 31 years old

  1. Continue to change my health/eating habits...when it is financially possible, cut out all meat, dairy, and processed foods. I'm doing Weight Watchers, but I struggle because I am dependent on others for my food, and they have the eating preferences of 5 year old (a lot of junk food). Still working on the last part of that.
  2. Get my finances in order. Pay off  debts and save money to move. I don't know if I should laugh or cry.
  3. Remove all negative influences from my life...this means: people who do nothing but 'take' or 'use'...people who don't add to my life in a positive way. I have people like this that I have kept in my life for years, my mother has begged and pleaded with me to just cut them out of my life...and I should listen to her...because maintaining these 'friendships' are a drain on my psyche and peace. loyalty goes a very long way with me...lack of loyalty...well, that's a dealbreaker.  Life is too short to put up with people who make fun of you behind your back, act like they are better than you, don't appreciate you, do nothing but think about themselves. Done. I just don't interact with them.
  4. Write more. I have this wonderful idea for two separate fantasy series...and I just don't have the time to write them because of school...I need to find the time. Damn it!!!!
  5. Appreciate my whining, yowling, needy cat more. I do appreciate him...but I don't feel as if I can mark this off as I just got finished yelling at him to shut the HELL up!!
  6. Try to be less stressed out...stress kills...and it also makes me snap at the people I love. I want to be the funny, crazy girl that I use to be...I don't want to snap at and be impatient with the people who have to live with me....Being tired and feeling hopeless and stressed makes me irritable and a holy terror...so find something that helps... Nope...but mainly because it's the 'people I love...the people that have to live with me' who are stressing me out.
  7. Keep my room clean...all the time. Hahahahahaha. No.

Now for the things I want to accomplish as a 32 year old:


  1. Get a good job...or any job, so that I can save money and move somewhere where I can get a good job.
  2. Move. Away. Away. Away.
  3. Continue exercising, eating right, and becoming healthier.
  4. Reach my goal weight.
  5. Write. write. write.
  6. Remember that, no matter what certain people in my family say, I know who I am, and I know it better than they do....and I am so much more, and so much different, than what they choose to see.
  7. Don't let it bother me that my mother doesn't listen to a single word I say. Ever.
  8. Continue getting my life back on track.
  9. Do what makes me happy.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...