Sunday, April 24, 2011

♫...I am your doctor...♫

No matter how bad I feel...no matter how deep the emotional wound...there is one thing that never fails to make me feel better. It's like a warm, fuzzy blanket for my soul...and it soothes me in such a way that I can't help but smile afterwards.

That 'thing' is Doctor Who.

...even more so now with Steven Moffat and Matt Smith

My first doctor was 9, Christopher Eccleston...and I instantly fell in love with this strange man who flew around in a blue box that was bigger on the inside. From that moment on, I was ravenous in my appetite for more...watching 3 or 4 episodes at a time whenever I could. David Tennant won my heart with that first goofy grin. His Doctor was dorky and adorable. Exactly the kind of man I fall in love with. When it came time for the tenth doctor to regenerate, I was convinced that absolutely no one could take his place as my doctor. I didn't want to let him go. He still holds an insanely large part of my heart.

Then Steven Moffat took over and Matt Smith became the 11th Doctor...and, my god, I fell in love all over again. Even harder. Before, the show was always a Sci-Fi series of epic proportions...but under this new guidance...it became even more...it FELT different...a bit of a fairy tale...and home...and it made me feel different. Matt Smith's doctor makes me love the character of The Doctor so much more...and I didn't think that was possible! His doctor...there are no words that would do my love for him justice. He's kind...and completely mad...and completely wonderful. There is something about 11 that feels so comforting. When I watch the show now, I feel like I am with my oldest friend, and everything is going to be alright. No matter what is going on, for that hour that I'm watching Doctor Who, I feel better. The pain, the worry, the sadness...it's gone.
I'm with my friend, The Doctor.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...