Monday, December 20, 2010

I'm always full of Christmas spirit...

Photobucket

...this year its Vodka.

Some of you are going to call me a Grinch or something similar once I say this, but here goes...I don't enjoy the holiday season. I just don't. I'm sure it has something to do with having to leave my mother every Christmas when I was a child and how I felt alienated and constantly on my guard whenever I had to leave her....and so now I equate the holiday season with feeling alienated, lonely and on my guard...whatever.
I enjoy buying people gifts...a LOT...but I try to do that year round...and I'm usually broke around Christmas.
I don't know...there's just something lonely about Christmas and New Years for me. Maybe if I had kids or a significant other or something it would be different...who knows...maybe it wouldn't.
My mother LOVES Christmas...almost to a crazy degree...so I try not to let it all drag me down, and I try to make a serious effort to at least look like I'm in the 'Christmas Spirit' for her.

I am feeling pretty merry at the moment though...and it's all because I PASSED ALL OF MY CLASSES!!
Photobucket

I was so worried about not passing a couple of my classes this semester...I can not even begin to tell you what a load off my mind this is! I finally feel like I can breathe again...and now I FINALLY feel like I'll be graduating in May! I still have to pass Biology 111 and 112, Statistics and Statistics Lab this spring...but I AM GRADUATING IN MAY!!!

Mum and Dad are in Baton Rouge and New Orleans for most of the week. Mum saw New Orleans for the first time...and now she's planning a trip back to take me with her...since I've ALWAYS wanted to go, but have never been able to go...she and I will spend all our time stalking around graveyards and taking haunting pictures of them...and then oohing and ahhhing over the architecture....when Vanessa and I sneak off to the Big Easy it will be shenanigans left and right and epic mayhem of the most fun variety. Now that school is ending for me... I feel a world of possibility coming on!

Photobucket

So...it being the holidays and all...I leave you...once again...with my favorite 'Christmas' song....
Merry Christmas my darlings. I love you all.

3 comments:

Joy Marie said...

New Orleans is worth it! It's a crazy, dirty Southern Belle along the Mississippi River...but, I'd go back in a heartbeat!!

CONGRATULATIONS on passing your classes this semester, girl! Rock on!!!!! :)

Amanda said...

Passing the classes is kick ass! Way to go!

New Orleans rocks. You'll have such a great time!

Ruby LeBeau said...

THANKS YOU GUYS!!!!!

I can't wait to see New Orleans! The evil spawn that is my brother said that she was planning a trip for just me and her so that'll be awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...