Tuesday, November 2, 2010

♫...I'll need some time to take the pen, & write a chapter on my own ...♫

Day 33 – Favorite Book Series (that's not Harry Potter...cuz let's face it, Harry Potter is the bee's knees)...

Um....Harry Potter...oh, wait, you said I couldn't say Harry Potter...'you' being myself...Let's see. I throughly enjoyed the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton for many years. I've reread the first dozen over and over and over again, and I still buy the new ones when they are on sale...but it lost some of it's kick assness for me in the later books. I love them though. I love Anita Blake. She is the very definition of bad ass. It is chocked full of 'magical creature' goodness. You got your vamps and your various kinds of lycanthropes and a myriad of other mythical creatures. The main reason to read these books though is Anita. Seriously. Bad. ASS. Read them. You won't regret it.

In other news, I voted today. I always vote...but it is frustrating being a tiny little blue dot in a state awash in red...and even most of your 'liberal' choices are still highly conservative wankers....Kudos toTerri Sewell for being the ONLY person running in my state who had balls enough to be without a doubt/openly Pro-Choice, and endorsed by Planned Parenthood...the rest, even the other Democrats were all either anti-choice, unknown (too scared to say) or 57% Pro-Choice...one person was 'likely' Pro-Choice but that doesn't tell me much...what the hell is 'likely'?

I'm a bit worn out on writing tonight. I had a horrible Psych test today, and I have two tests Thursday, plus I'm participating in NaNoWriMo and it took all I had to come up with 1600 words tonight for that. I'm exhausted. If I'm not careful I'm going to end up having a Britney Spears type breakdown where I shave off all my hair and go around assaulting SUVs with an umbrella.

Photobucket

3 comments:

ikhwan55 said...

wow i will try to check out the anita blake series, do u know any books that have this crazy vibe like harry potter, cuz serioudly the only book that i read that is thick is harry potter and my biology book

Ruby LeBeau said...

I can't think of anything that's as epic as Harry Potter...I have books that I enjoy just as much, but they are vastly different from that series. I enjoyed Anita Blake a lot for the Supernatural action and the character was so amazing in the beginning...
Really, my favorite books that aren't a series are Neil Gaiman's books...mainly American Gods, Neverwere, Stardust, and Good Omens. If you're at all interested in graphic novels I can't stress enough how good his Sandman series is....or The Books of Magic.
=D

Amanda said...

Harry Potter kicks all other books' ass. Just sayin'. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...