Saturday, October 23, 2010

♫...you can't take the sky from me...♫

Day 23- A show that should have never been canceled .

FIREFLY.

You can't even argue with me. You know it's the gorram truth.

The cancellation of firefly is probably the biggest mistake in the history of the universe. I will forever harbor an intense dislike of Fox for cancelling such a brilliant show, with one of the most amazing casts that I have ever seen. Also, it was from the brilliant mind of Joss Whedon, the man who brought us Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse and Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog...and I am a devout Whedonite. Fox has an irritating habit of getting brilliant Sci-Fi/Fantasy series and sicking them in the wasteland of Friday Nights...or refusing to air episodes in the right order (as they did with firefly, making it confusing for some)...and it seems to me that they do this so that no other studio can get the shows, and then they kill them...purposefully. It irritates me to no end that a show like this...with such heart, a wonderfully talented cast, and moving/entertaining stories...is cancelled before it can even really begin...and yet there are more 'reality' tv shows, that are just brain numbing nonsense,  that are renewed year after year after year....

I am always and forever a Browncoat.





1 comments:

Amanda said...

Hear! Hear! I concur, as does my husband. He STILL bitches about it to this day. And he bitches about how they made the movie and killed off key cast members so the show could never be reborn on another network (Hello! SCI-FI channel?!) or anymore movies made. I mean, look how many different cast members and how many different networks Law and Order Criminal Intent has been on. That show has barely been breathing for years. And yet.....it still has a home somewhere...with Jeff Goldblum too. So yeah. Fox sucks...but we knew that....cause it's Murdock, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...