Wednesday, October 20, 2010

♫...My stardust melody...♫

Day 20- Favorite book turned movie

I'm going to add a little condition to this...I'm going to write about my favorite book turned movie that is NOT Harry Potter...because I love all the Harry Potter movies and books and choosing between them would be impossible.

That being said...

My favorite book turned movie is Stardust by Neil Gaiman. If you've spent any amount of time with me or with my blog/facebook you know I absolutely adore Neil Gaiman. In fact, there is a photo of him, torn from an article in the New Yorker, that is staring at me right now from it's hallowed position on my 'writing board'.

Stardust is one of my favorite books of all time. I have claimed, for years, that if I were ever to have a daughter I would name her Yvaine...and I still intend to. The movie is just as enchanting....I never tire of watching it.

You know what? I know I sound sort of lackluster in this post. It is because I am absolutely exhausted. I didn't get enough sleep last night and I've had a splitting headache all day. So, what I'm going to do is give you some beautiful quotes from the book and some lovely clips from the movie and let you see for yourself how brilliant it is....Now...go bring me some aspirin and vodka.

"She says nothing at all, but simply stares upward into the dark sky and watches, with sad eyes, the slow dance of the infinite stars." 

 "Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets." 

 "He stared up at the stars: and it seemed to him then that they were dancers, stately and graceful, perfomrming a dance almost infinite in its complexity. He imagined he could see the very faces of the stars; pale, they were, and smiling gently, as if they had spent so much time above the world, watching the scrambling and the joy and the pain of the people below them, that they could not help being amused every time another little human believed itself the center of its world, as each of us does."

 

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Stars have British accents?! I KNEW IT!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...