Wednesday, October 6, 2010

♫...I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair...♫

Day 06- The earliest thing you can remember

The earliest thing that I have memories of is actually a good representation of my personality.

I remember dancing and singing and spinning around in my grandparent's front yard. I would sing "I'm gonna wash that grey right out of my hair..." which was a commercial for a hair dye or shampoo that borrowed the tune and theme of the song from a song in the Broadway musical South Pacific.

This gives you 3 important clues about my personality: I loved to perform (I don't act anymore), I love Broadway musicals, and I'm obsessed with my hair.



I wish I could get that attitude back...and that hair color! lol.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

That is *such* a perfect picture! I love it!

Remember drama class with that crazy lady for a teacher? What the hell was her name? God, I'm old and my brain is mush!

Ruby LeBeau said...

Ms. Askew! She was pure insanity in human form! Of course it could have been all the vodka she kept in her office...someone told me that she died a while back, and before I could stop myself I said, "I hope someone thought to stake her heart and cut off her head."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...