Sunday, October 17, 2010

♫...if you want something visual that's not too abysmal...♫

Day 17- A movie with the best soundtrack.

Seeing as how I have been obsessed with musicals since I was knee high to a butter bean (I'm not in my right mind today, so ignore the uncharacteristic sayings/bits in this episode of  'Ruby slowly losing her mind') I'm not going to be able to choose just one....It's not like I play by the rules of these little meme things anyway (example, this 90 Days of Me is a combo platter of bits and pieces from several different lists)...and because I love pasting YouTube videos (they really should pay me), I'm going to show you, rather than tell you...well, show and tell you...kind of like in Kindergarten...but with more adult themes and more risqué costumes...

My first thought was...Moulin Rouge...It's my favorite move...and I have the name of the following song tattooed on the inside of my right wrist...so by golly it had BETTER be the first thing that pops into my mind or this tattoo was an incredibly bad idea (tattoo is not just for the song btw, it's more of a motto/promise to myself)...Without further gilding the Lilly....Come What May from Moulin Rouge.:




My very next thought was...Ewan McGregor...and then after a long pause to appreciate his loveliness...I said,  "Ruby, you know you can't overlook your extreme obsession with Across the Universe", and I was all like, "Self, you are so right! The combination of songs by the Beatles with the extreme deliciousness that is Jim Sturgess and Joe Anderson rocks my crazy little world in an epic way."...the hard part is picking just ONE song from that movie...I love them all (despite my intense dislike of Rachel Evan Wood)...but I wanted to find one with both Jim Sturgess and Joe Anderson. The first three songs that popped into my little grey matter were Strawberry Fields Forever (deemed too melancholy to follow Come What May), Hey Jude (still melancholy), and With a Little Help From My Friends (which won cuz it's my favorite)...



What could possibly come next? Well, if you know me at ALL...you'll groan and say, "RENT". I love RENT. Now...this movie based on the spectacular Broadway hit is like a minefield of not so happy thoughts for me still so I'm going to avoid thinking about most of the songs and go with the one I have tattooed across my back in what most of you would vulgarlly call a 'Tramp Stamp"...La Vie Boheme...try and tell me this song/portion of the movie isn't epic....(couldn't find a better video)



No list would be complete without some Gene Kelly...NONE...don't argue with me...because you would not just be WRONG...you would be wrong on the most epic level possible...so sit down, shut up, and watch some Singin' In the Rain...



Movie Videos & Movie Scenes at MOVIECLIPS.com

And because it's almost Halloween and I'm upset that I don't have anyone to go with me to the Rocky Horror Picture Show Masquerade Ball this year...I present you with some (I couldn't decide on just one) Rocky Horror...







I could go on and on for days about all the musical movies that rock my world...but I'm lazy, hungry and probably have a bit of ADD...plus, I haven't finished my math homework yet...and I wanna watch Supernatural tonight....so, CIAO.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...