Wednesday, October 27, 2010

♫...I have waited long, and they have all been wrong...♫

Day 27- Favorite couple/love story in a movie

I know you're expecting me to say Christian and Satine from Moulin Rouge or Tristan and Yvaine from Stardust or Joel and Clementine from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. or even Anne and Gilbert from the Anne of Green Gables movies....and you'd be right...in a way. It is true that I am partial to each and every one of those couples...each move me in different ways. Normally, I'd just choose Christian and Satine or Tristan and Yvaine because they are the obvious choices, the choices that most people would guess are my favorite....but a rare few people would know the one true couple that are my favorite and why.

I'll start with the why.

The 'why' can be summed up in one little quote from this movie: "I feel more than I've ever felt and I've found someone to feel with. To play with. To love in a way that feels right for me."

To love in a way that feels right for ME. Wow. Imagine being with someone who you could love that way...in a way that you don't have to hold anything back...in a way where you could be completely and totally yourself without any fear that they would think you are a complete and total freak.
That's what these two find in each other. The most unlikely pair who end up being just what the other needs.

Lee Holloway and E. Edward Grey from Secretary are my favorite couple.

2 comments:

The militant working boy said...

This has been on the Netflix queue for months. I guess I'll have to see it now! I had watched the trailer a while ago and I guess I just forgot how interesting it looked. Of course, anything with Maggie Gylenhaal has got to be good.

Ruby LeBeau said...

I love it...but I've been told I have odd taste in movies/music/etc. I've also been told that this movie is an 'acquired taste', but I don't understand why...it's visually very beautiful, the story is engaging and entertaining...and Maggie is amazing and lovely in it. =D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...