Saturday, August 28, 2010

There's no motivation and frustration makes him crazy

(My Psychology professor is a riot, and absolutely brilliant. So, I've decided to make this a weekly addition to my blog this semester)

Fun Facts From Psychology This Week:

  • Stress can kill neurons in your brain.
  • You can regenerate some neurons, and help your memory, by learning curse words in another language.
  • We have 4 Biological Drives, which she refers to as the 4 F's: Feeding, Fighting, Fleeing, and Mating.
  • Don't piss off the natives in South American because they have d-tubocurarine
  • Whomever came up with Christmas traditions (all the red and white, Santa, and flying reindeer) must have been high on Muscarine, which apparently come from red and white, Alice in Wonderland looking mushrooms.
  • If you drop pure nicotine on your arm, it will burn a hole right through it.
  •  Mammillary bodies in the brain are so named because the scientists (males) thought they looked like little boobies.
  • David Tennant lights up MY nucleus accumbens, and Metallica lights up hers. 
  • Thanks to your Sympathetic Nervous System, if you get scared/frightened enough you can experience an orgasm.
This is just what I remember. There was a lot more. She's fantastic. 
I just got my Digital Voice Recorder, so I'll be able to keep up with all the interesting facts now.
Note to any new students: Invest in a good digital voice recorder. It will help.

1 comments:

Amanda said...

I love the four F's bit. hahahahaha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...