Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear.

*This post may contain spoilers about the movie: The Crazies*

I've had a grand total of THREE hours of sleep in the past two days.

Three hours!

The reason...or fault, I should say...lies completely at the door of someone who shall remain nameless (*cough* BEN *cough*).  He asked me to stay up and watch The Crazies with him last night. Neither of us can watch 'scary' movies alone. I expected it to just be a run of the mill zombie type, make me jump a little bit, thriller...no.no.no.no.no.

First, I have to explain to you that I have had nightmares from an extremely young age (we're talking 6-7 years old and possibly younger) about the government/military/other governments rounding everyone up, putting us in concentration camps and killing us in torturous ways. Yes, I was obviously a very messed up child. I blame watching things like Red Dawn and the movies they made us watch about the 'rapture' at the Fundamentalist church I was forced to go to as a child. I mean, who shows a young child a movie where the main characters are rounded up gestapo style and then have their heads chopped off?? WHO?

So, anyway...I can't watch movies that deal with World War II (The Pianist was brilliant but I had nightmares for weeks afterwards) or with government conspiracy type things. I really can't. I would have been just A OK after watching The Crazies if it didn't have a government conspiracy/rounding up of citizens and killing them kind of theme to it. I tried to go to sleep, but I just couldn't (ended up watching Fellowship of the Ring while Ben narrated with a running World of Warcraft comparison/commentary until the sun came up).

Not only that...my psychotic fellow movie watcher (*cough* BEN *cough*) is a sadist. He really really is. He has an evil streak a mile wide...and can't understand why living here in this house makes me crazy.  He got a knife and was planning on scaring me in the dark with it...but his little bladder and me catching him spoiled the planned horror. Both of my brothers take delight in trying to scare the hell out of me. Case in point: I get freaked out walking through the house at night if the blinds are open. I can't explain it. I just do. They frequently jump out of the dark and say, 'boo'...but they keep threating to do the thing they know will scare the ever loving hell out of me...that is lurk outside the windows or on the back porch in the dark until I walk by and then move or something...I will LOSE MY FREAKIN' MIND. Everyone in my neighborhood, no town, will be awoken by the sound of the screams I emit while I finally lose what little shred of sanity I have left.

He also kept randomly saying things like, "They're going to come get you tonight!"
He's evil.
Pure Evil.




Photobucket

2 comments:

Amanda said...

"I mean, who shows a young child a movie where the main characters are rounded up gestapo style and then have their heads chopped off?? WHO?"

Obviously the fundamentalist church you were forced to go to as a child.

Ruby LeBeau said...

Smart ass! =P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...