Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.

I had a dream Tuesday evening (yesterday afternoon, my days and time is ALL out of wack) that I feel the need to share with the entire world....just so that it's out there...in your head...and not in mine anymore.

First off, I should share a few facts with you. I sleep during the day and stay up all night with the puppies...I stay up with them so that when they need to go outside, I can take them and they don't have little 'accidents' in their bedroom (aka the huge crate that I could crawl into and lie down in if I was so inclined...I know because I have...they love this thing).  It's really beginning to take it's toll on me. Normally, I'll take them outside for the last time around 6am or 7am and then drag myself to my room and quite literally pass out for 12 hours.  Tuesday I stayed awake until after 8am . After I entrusted the care of the little ones to Josh I stumbled down the hall, into a wall and into my door frame before I collapsed into my bed.  I slept until around 7pm...and when I woke up...I had a cat on my head...and was still a little amused by the dream I remembered:

I was living in a sort of post-apocalyptic kind of wold (I blame The Book of Eli for putting that in my head), but the world wasn't destroyed or anything...everyone was just dressed as pirates or in Elizabethan clothing and there was no such thing as money, you had to barter. I look at myself in the mirror and I look like Ruby Heart:

So, I'm riding in the back seat of a car, all agitated and rambling on to one of the passengers.  We're headed down I-65 South....towards my destination...the trees that line both sides of the Interstate, as far as eyes can see, are lovely shades of Reds, Oranges, and Yellows...so I thought, 'hey, it must be fall'...then I glance across to the other window and there's this big lake on that side that goes on and on and on...and there's this HUGE FREAKING PIRATE SHIP and it starts shooting cannon balls at us...the car is swerving, I'm being tossed all over the back seat...but I know that I have to get out and on to that pirate ship...and then I'm suddenly on it and hiding behind a huge stack of fruit roll ups...and Meredith Grey was yelling at me that we needed to find Christina because she had run off with my youngest brother to Las Vegas. I told her I didn't have time because I had to go to class because I had missed so many days already and I thought we had a test in there. So then I'm suddenly not on the ship any more, and, surprise, not at school either...I'm in a tavern like the one in Pirates of the Caribbean...and I'm drinking out of this thin, plastic cut...it's some very strong, clear alcohol....and I broke the two little handles on each side of the cup...This girl starts to give me grief about my hair so I throw the drink on her and set her on fire...then I told someone to find me a computer because I was needed in Azeroth...and that's all I remember....

Staying up all night by myself and having very little contact with day dwellers is beginning to take it's toll on my sanity....


1 comments:

Anamika said...

Dude....that rocked! :) I haven't had a kick ass dream like that in forever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...