Sunday, June 20, 2010

a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.

I have a habit of keeping my Windows Live Messenger up 24 hours a day on my computer. When I go to bed at night, I turn the screen and my speakers off so that if someone sends me a message the sounds don't wake me up. 

I'm one of those people who has their Instant Messenger completely customized. The main background at the top of my main Windows Live screen is the TARDIS floating in space. My Icon is the Doctor having a cup o' tea. My sounds range from the Doctor Who theme to David Tennant telling me someone wants a word with me...I also have the Daleks yelling 'exterminate' for when something annoying happens...and when I receive an email at my Live.com address, the messenger is set to sound like the TARDIS landing or taking off...

Well...yesterday I decided to take a short afternoon nap and I forgot to turn my speakers off...sometime after I dozed off I received an email at my live.com address and my computer proceeded to emit this particular sound effect at top volume...I sat straight up, out of a dead sleep convinced that the Doctor had FINALLY come for me...of course, I was still half asleep...as soon as I began to wake up fully, I realized what had happened and knew that the Doctor couldn't possibly be here for me...it is only a TV series after all...but I was still wretchedly disappointed...

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...