Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The time has come to speak of many things

I should do a weekly...or bi-monthly...post about what YouTube video I'm currently watching obsessively. I've done the Ice Cream Licking/Singing David Tennant one, and the most adorable Andrew-Lee Potts video in existence already, so why not...I'm okay with letting my crazy hang out for the whole world to see.

Let's do the proper part of the post first...then proceed with the evidence that will be used against me when my family finally decides to have me committed.

Okay...let's see...what's going on? I'm sick. Yippe. Can't seem to stay awake for more than a few hours at a time...which is GREAT since it's finals week and I have an appointment with a temp agency this week.

I thought my cat OFFICIALLY lost his furry little mind last night. We already know he's a raving loony, but last night he started making noises I would have sworn he was incapable of making, followed by crazy, killer kitty hissing...which he NEVER does (hiss, regular or otherwise)...I seriously thought that perhaps there was some type of soul sucking evil in my room...or Imhotep (or some other disembodied ancient mummy coming to steal my eyes) at the very least! I picked him up and carried him to the living room so that everyone else could cower in fear with me...general consensus was that the presence of his archenemy, evil Wil Wheton-Kitty must have been out in the front yard. Eventually, he calmed down and I cuddled up with him and we both fell asleep, with him taking up the majority of the room on my bed....as usual.

I heard they cancelled Legend of the Seeker...and all I can manage to mutter, in between bouts of denial and grief is 'WTF??'...seriously, people what the hell? You've got an excellent show, with loyal fans who have gone above and beyond to try to find the show a new home after a certain IDIOT broadcasting channel that will remain nameless (*cough* Tribune *cough*) poorly advertised, stuck it at a HORRID day and time and then decided to not pick it back up for a third season...This really was a quality show with amazing actors and deserved so much more....if they had been properly advertised and showcased on a decent channel it would have done SO much better...The LotS fans remind me so much of the Firefly fans...so maybe there's still hope for something else beyond the Season 2 finale. One can hope and one can dream...and one can boycott the people responsible for the demise! I am a bit vindictive....I think I was a Mord Sith in another life.
I've been trying to read the Sword of Truth books...and I'm trying VERY hard to like them...but when one does things, such as using the word 'stump' three/four sentences in a row...I find liking it very very hard...I expect a lot more out of my fantasy books...and if I have to go one more page of Zedd calling Kahlan 'dear one' every sentence, I swear to all that is good and pure I am going to throw the book into the pond out back...which, if you know me, you know I would never do that to a book...but this one is pushing it...
Also, I'm adding my goodreads profile to the links on the right of the page....

On a happy note...Leonard and Sheldon...our baby beagle puppies...have started eating on their own and will probably get to come home at the end of this week! I can't wait!

And...I must say it...I'm completely in LOVE with Amy Pond...the new Doctor Who companion played by Karen Gillan, who is SO adorable...she is FANTASTIC...I find myself wishing that I could have seen 10 and her together...*sigh*

Okay...now...to end this episode of "How Much Closer to the Loony Bin is Ruby Now", I give you my cracktastic video of the moment: Comic Relief - Catherine Tate and David Tennant



"Do you fancy Billie Piper, sir?" *Picture me laughing riotously*
Brilliant. I love Catherine Tate.

P.S...Tomorrow night, 7pm CST on PBS...I FINALLY get to watch the film-for-television adaptation of the Royal Shakespeare Company's Hamlet...combine my never ending LOVE and devotion for Shakespeare with my ravenous need to watch David Tennant's overwhelming talent and swoon inducing adorableness and I may not survive...we might want to have an oxygen tank nearby just in case...

4 comments:

Fritz said...

bb, you are a treat!

Anamika said...

You must have hated Twilight then! lol

Ruby LeBeau said...

@Anamika I read all 4 books in that series...and I made my even more of a literary snob of a brother read the first one...the consensus is that she writes better than this guy...if that tells you anything.

Anamika said...

It's really hard to believe anyone writes worse than Meyer. What is our literary world coming to?! Although, I'll admit, I did read all 4 Twilight books as well. I ate them up like I eat Krispy Kreme - I know they're soooo bad for me, but damn they are good! lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...