Saturday, April 3, 2010

This is all going to come in handy once the Zombie Apocalypse begins...

"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties." ~ Zombieland
Lately I've been trying to exercise around an hour every day. It hasn't been easy, but already I've experienced a drastic difference in different areas of my life. First, I don't want to eat everything in sight...which is good and I've already lost 5 lbs. My main goal is to get healthy, to exercise and eat only things that are 'good' for me. Weight loss is only secondary to that...but it is happening and I'm giddy about it.

Next, I have experienced a DRASTIC improvement in my 'mood'. I don't constantly want to strangle every idiot I encounter, and I'm genuinely happy and buoyant. I have freakin' turquoise fingernails for goodness sakes...which is VERY unlike me...they are normally black or dark dark navy. I've also found that I am less likely to get all upset and crazy over the little things...like how google chrome always takes 5 minutes to go to pages sometimes and then says things like "Ooops, Google Chrome can't find the link www.google.com"...I no longer want to scream and throw my computer screen out my bedroom window...I do still curse a bit at it...but not nearly as much.

Also, I started off getting really sleepy after I exercised, but little by little it's getting to where I'm so freaking energized afterwards that I'm literaly bouncing all over the place....and I'm sleeping A LOT better at night. Crazy Dr. Who/Primeval/Legend of the Seeker dreams and all (it's REALLY weird when all three are mixed up together in one dream...crazy with lots of eye candy though, woot!)

Finally, my creative juices are flowing like CRAZY.  My workout consists of doing the Wii Fit stuff, then getting on the treadmill, then on the Bowflex, then back on the treadmill...and sometimes back on the Bowflex and then on the treadmill again...I get my best ideas when I'm on the treadmill (I also get them when I'm in the shower or driving down the road...always when I can't write them down!!).  The idea of writing my book and having it published has gone from an abstract idea in the back of my head that MIGHT happen one day to something that I know IS going to happen. It is now a solid FACT in my mind.

I've even gotten to where I look forward to exercising everyday!

So, new exercise mentality, new happy attitude, new hair cut, new creative juices. This is freakin' fantastic. I have a whole new outlook on life.

I credit this new change to my wonderfully fabulous friend Vanessa, she has been working her butt off and making so many wonderful changes lately, and it has inspired me to get off my butt and do something about my unhealthy behavior! I can't wait until I'm in California with her and we can workout together!!!

P.S. Either my Wii Fit is on crack (which I'd believe in this case) or I've lost 15 lbs!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...