Wednesday, April 28, 2010

In a Mood Most Foul....

I know what you're asking yourself right now.

You're asking yourself, "Shouldn't Ruby be sitting somewhere, with a nice cup of tea, watching The Royal Shakespeare Company's performance of Hamlet? Emerseing herself in the brilliant light of the life long love she has had for the works of Shakespeare...and being awestruck by how masterful and mighty David Tennant is at his craft...marveling at how he breaths new life into the role of Hamlet...shouldn't she be doing all this with a look of rapture upon her face, a look of love that her visage has not held in many a day?"

YES, SHE BLOODY WELL SHOULD BE!

So, why isn't she and why is she in such a foul temper and why is she continuing to refer to herself in the third person?

*sigh* First, that nightmare of a hell beast, my mother's devil Pomeranian, Zander, decided to bark, non-stop, through the first twenty minutes. These barks are constant, high pitched, yelps of evil. One right after another, on and on and on. He barks at EVERYTHING. Secondly, we do not have cable or satellite....we have local channels and we normally don't even watch much on those...we watch everything through Netflix, over the Wii, which is awesome...and you should try it if you have a Wii and Netflix...but when we do watch things on the TV...they sometimes go 'digital'...you miss some of the picture and when you have picture you have no sound...it's frustrating, and it did this CONSTANTLY...I mean, I know pretty much every word to Hamlet, but come ON....After about 40 minutes of this, and knowing that my dad probably wanted the TV, I just gave up!!!!

I'm pretty sure that PBS is going to put it on their website after it airs...so I have consoled myself with that information in order to prevent myself from rampaging down the street in a state of utter destruction the likes of which Godzilla would envy....

2 comments:

Anamika said...

Can you not get on Netflix on the Wii? That sucks. I'll be honest....I'd die without my DVR. We're broke as hell and every time the words "cancel the cable" are uttered I have a massive panic attack. Silly, I know. And if it comes down to feeding my kids or the DVR.....well damn that would be one hard decision to make. ;)

Ruby LeBeau said...

Gurrrrrl! I know what you mean. I had Dish and DVR for YEARS...but about 4 months ago we just decided to do away with it...cuz I was the only one paying for it and quite frankly I'm a poor unemployed college senior. I thought I was gonna DIE...but it's all good now. I watch stuff online and now over the Wii.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...