Friday, November 6, 2009

"My mana tap brings all the boys to the yard..."

"I'm the girl the ESRB warned you about."~ Blood Elf female /flirt

I have a serious World of Warcraft addiction.

This game is so deeply ingrained into my psyche that I often 'dream in WoW'. This means that while I am dreaming of rolling around the floor of the Moulin Rouge with Ewan McGregor I will suddenly have to jump up, shadowbolt a zombie and then loot the body (the zombie is a different topic for a different post). The loot will invariably be some silver, some kind of cloth and a glass of ice cold milk. Why a zombie would be carring around a glass of ice cold milk and how it came to be contained within an obviously spill proof glass is unimportant...thus is the norm in Azeroth.

...but I digress.

I've been playing on and off for about 2 years now with large gaps due to lack of funds. However, I have only been playing on my main character, Hecatate, on and off for a little over a year now. With the current expansion pack, Wrath of the Lich King, the highest level is 80...and I FINALLY made it to level 80 in the early morning hours of Halloween (appropriate since my character is a Warlock)

...and I almost cried.

I remembered all the times I suffered through work or school on little or no sleep.
I remembered all the times that level 80 Alliance players would one shot me at Tauren Mill when I was level 20....what fun is there in that?
I remembered all the times Josh called me a noob....well, he still does that...daily, in fact (just to annoy me).
I remembered all the time...the frustration...the elation...

I began playing WoW in a guild created by my brothers, Muack (the sound a cow-duck makes). The guild was mainly composed of people I knew in 'real life' (my two brothers and their friends), and I stayed in that guild even after the majority of people had quit playing or left...including my brothers main toons. I mainly stayed because I am insanely shy...even on the internet...something my brothers rib me for constantly. About a month ago they both successfully talked me into leaving Muack and joining the guild they were currently in. While I was very leery about joining another guild, or interacting with people I didn't know, I have never regreted it. They are a hilarious and fun group of people from all over the place. I, of course, think they are the most awesome guild in the history of wow.

I think that the thing I love most about playing World of Warcraft is that I play with my brothers. The long hours that I've spent sitting in a room with them, playing WoW and talking, have been some of the most enjoyable moments of my life. Even when they were ribbing me or calling me a 'noob'.

...now...if you don't mind...I have things to kill and loot....




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Grats on hitting 80. Yeah I can honestly say some the funnest times I have had were experienced while running around Azeroth. I have alot of rl friends that play on my server. And I like you was really shy at meeting new people but now due to the fact that I am generally the main tank for raids and lead them I have gotten past that to an extent. 25 people from different walks of life coming together for a common goal while cutting up on vent is just a blast.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...